Best Times to Change Payroll Providers
You don’t have to wait until the beginning of the year to switch providers. While mid-year is a great time to make a change, anytime is the right time to convert to a new and better payroll provider. No matter what time of year works best for you, APS will handle your year-end processing and tax filings for a smooth payroll conversion.
Q2 - April to June
Q3 - July to September
Q4 - October to December
Q1 - January to March
Why Our Mid-Year Conversions Are Different
We use an electronic payroll conversion process that eliminates manual data entry and ensures an accurate, successful implementation.
A Proven Conversion Process
HR Made Easier
Guaranteed Tax Compliance
A Proven Conversion Process
Our experienced payroll tax compliance experts employ a two-part payroll assessment that checks your payroll history for potential data errors and corrects them. Our payroll assessment includes:
Tax Catch Up
- We’ll import your payroll history
- We’ll fix any errors we find
- We’ll pay your taxes if your previous provider hasn’t
- Multi-state taxes
- Non-scheduled payments
- Pre-tax versus post-tax deductions
- Validation testing and parallel payrolls
We provide our clients with a best-in-class payroll and HR management solution delivered with personalized service and support. Our proprietary technology is built in-house by our development team, focusing on usability, efficiency, and adoption.
Don’t worry, we’ll do the heavy lifting to make your mid-year payroll conversion a smooth process.
- Year-end processing, including W-2s and 1099s
- Historical payroll data entry
- Payroll processing with direct deposit
- Garnishments processing, including printing and mailing
- Payroll tax filing³, including 940s and 941s
- Integrations with Sage Intacct, Quickbooks, and more
- Live training using your own company and employee data
- Dedicated four-person account team available via phone, email, or support request
- Payroll reports and custom reporting
- Easy-to-use analytical dashboards and tiles
- Employee records management
- Time off tracking and reporting
- New hire reporting
- Employee self service on any device
³Includes one state, federal filing, new hire reporting, and unemployment payments and filings.
Not Sure Where to Start?
Our checklist offers tips, questions to ask, and factors to consider when changing payroll providers mid-year.
HR Made Easier
APS understands the challenges organizations of all sizes face, which is why we develop a full suite of workforce cloud solutions addressing all aspects of employee lifecycle management. By designing a unified platform that make payroll and HR easier, we support our clients in their growth and success.
We Make it Easy To:
- Take control of your payroll, tax compliance, and filings while reducing errors.
- Track and manage your benefits in a centralized database.
- Create, assign, and manage schedules to streamline your workforce.
- Develop a recruiting and onboarding strategy tailored to your company’s needs.
- Execute your ACA strategy with our compliance services.
- Access real-time reports for powerful decision making from any device.
Guaranteed Tax Compliance
Our experienced payroll tax compliance staff operates on your behalf as the reporting agent. We use a defined process for the daily management of tax funds to ensure your payroll tax filings and payments are handled accurately. We help organizations process payroll and manage tax compliance in 411 jurisdictions, in all 50 states.
Streamlined Tax Compliance
- Guaranteed accuracy and timeliness of payroll tax payments and filings.*
- Wage garnishment services to reduce the risk of penalties.
- Secure access to quarterly payroll tax packets, annual returns, and W-2s.
we’re here to help
- Federal, state, and local tax filings and payments.
- 940 Federal Unemployment and 941 Quarterly filings.
- Year-end processing, including W-2s and 1099s.
Reduced Burden and Risk
- Automatic system and tax table updates in the cloud.
- Review of incomes and deductions to identify any payroll history issues.
- Paycheck reconciliation available to further reduce time spent on payroll.
*APS guarantees tax payments and filings to be accurate and timely, as long as the data provided to APS is accurate and timely and the customer’s account is sufficiently funded to cover all payroll tax liabilities. If a tax penalty is the result of our error, we’ll maintain the abatement process and absorb any fines or interest due.
Our purpose for everything we do is our customers and that’s what truly sets apart from our competition. So you’ll have access to a dedicated, four-person account team that is just a phone call, email, or support request away to answer any questions you may have. We want to give you every opportunity to grow because your success is our success.
Why Our Mid-Year Conversions Are Better
APS knows technology only helps when your team feels confident and supported when using it. Our team embodies our values of top-quality service you can trust, which is what truly makes APS stand out from the competition.
Our advanced multi-level security has never been breached, and we utilize two-factor authentication for
Our typical implementation takes 6-8 weeks so you can start realizing the benefits of your investment.
Tax Compliance Professionals
APS is your reporting agent, handling tax filings and payments on your behalf for mitigated risk.
We surround our clients with a team of certified account managers and dedicated specialists.
Using a best-in-class solution for payroll, HR, and attendance doesn’t have to cost a fortune. There are no hidden fees or surprises. Our platform is designed to help you realize your return on investment, with an average 10.82-month ROI versus an industry standard of 18.92 months. You can’t put a price tag on the value our solutions and services provide.
Still wondering if a mid-year payroll conversion is right for you? Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions about changing payroll providers.
See what you can accomplish with aps
Hear why APS’ award-winning technology and services have earned us a 98% customer retention rate.
Your privacy is important to us.
What our customers are saying
a great timesaver
As the payroll administrator, APS has cut my time for processing payroll from 2 days to 2 hours. Reports are available within minutes of submitting the payroll batch. APS has been a great timesaver for our company!
The Hospice of East Texas
We have informational resources and tools for all your workforce management needs. Check out our handy articles, checklists, eBooks, guides, industry overviews, reports, and white papers with valuable information about Core HR and Payroll.